Photobucket

Monday, February 1, 2010

Mi Confession by Gotan Project


after that short moment, we bade goodbye to each other and separated ways. that was the first time and will probably be the only time that I'd write a letter of confession to somebody (embarrassing, really). I didn't want to lose him but his gestures told me it wasn't me whom he likes. it didn't take me much time to realize that though. 
I walked home thinking, hoping, and at the same time unsuccessfully trying to move on from what i thought was something that's impossible to happen - a usual daydream which'd never ever be actualized in my living memory.  
I didn't know how i felt or what to feel at that very moment during my isolation. Should i feel happy for being relieved?  Should i feel sad because I have somewhat envisaged the final chapter of the book? Should i be mad at him for remaining quiet and keeping the answer to himself? I don't know.
I hadn't (or should i say, wasn't able to) sleep that night spending time thinking about what'd meet me in the succeeding sunrises. 
In order to outrun awkwardness, i wrote in the letter a sort of condition so he need not to express himself much to me since i am perfectly knowledgeable that he's not an overly expressive individual. In this condition lies only 2 things for him to air out his single decision - by giving me the paper folded, it'd mean he treats me more than a friend, otherwise, if crumpled, it'd mean he thinks friendship is best for both of us. I also told him maybe i got this sort of crazy idea from excessive television viewing. I don't know what struck me but even before he could come up with a decision ---
I told him to give me back the letter I'd given him so I could burn it together with my memory of having given it to him - but until now he's keeping it. He said there'd come a time when he'll be passing it back to me.
I thought, maybe, that'd be the time when he's courageous enough to break my broken heart. Pathetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment